Pages

Friday, April 10, 2009

marching for maddie

I’ve decided to participate in the March of Dimes “March for Babies” walk on April 26. Yes, that’s only 16 days away (and no I haven’t done any preparation for this).

Why the sudden urge to exercise?

I’m marching for Maddie.

Who’s Maddie?


Read more about her here: http://www.marchformaddie.com/about-madeline-alice/

Short summary:
- Maddie was born November 11, 2007, 11 weeks and 1 day premature. After 68 days in the NICU at UCLA Mattel Children’s Hospital, January 18, 2008, she was finally able to go home with her loving parents, Heather and Mike Spohr. While in the NICU, Maddie’s mom kept regular updates of her site for family and friends. Maddie’s time at the NICU has been chronicled at Heather’s blog.
- Earlier this week, on April 7th, Maddie passed away unexpectedly. She was only 17 months old.

I’m also very grateful to have a healthy, happy son. We’ve had a small share of health issues with Sam, but it pales in comparison to what so many other families go through. I want to help those less fortunate!

The March of Dimes champions the needs of moms and babies in our community and across the nation. The money we raise for March for Babies will help:
- support all-important research offering preventions and solutions for babies born too soon or with birth defects
- educate women on things they can do to increase their chances of having a healthy baby
- provide comfort and information to families with a newborn in intensive care
- push for newborn screening and health insurance for all pregnant women and children

Won't you please help me in this worthy cause? Contributing to my walk online is fast, easy, and secure. You can donate directly from my personal webpage with a credit card or PayPal. If you prefer, I can also accept cash or check. Just click the appropriate box on my webpage.


I appreciate any support you can provide! And if you want to see me gasping for breath only half way through the walk, please join me and walk with me!

3 comments:

Country Mouse, City Mouse said...

Good luck on your walk!!

Nice to be meeting you today, I wish you the best.

xox

Banteringblonde said...

Good for you - Maddie's picture is in my mind all the time.

designHER Momma said...

see you there! I heard it's gonna be nice and sunny out!

Web Statistics

Clicky