Pages

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

where do they come up with these things?

So, Punkin is taking a bath when he decides that the letter "O" needs some time alone. Here's what the Hubs and I hear:

"You go over here in time-out. You are being a bad boy. Don't move."

Ummm... any ideas where he got that from??? (Though I don't really think I've ever said, "You're being a bad boy" in the midst of putting him in time-out.)

Yeah, so apparently, Punkin's quite familiar with time-out. So, does this mean he's too familiar with it? Is there a rule for this? I have no idea, but it seems to be an effective form of discipline to make Punkin stop what he's doing and to calm down for a few minutes. The majority of the time, the simple question, "Do you need a time-out?" causes Punkin to stop, think, and decide no, he doesn't, and do something else. Sometimes, he chooses to keep doing what he's doing and gets put in time-out. Afterwards, he's always apologetic and goes back and corrects the behavior. As long as it's working, I guess I shouldn't question it...

0 comments:

Web Statistics

Clicky