Pages

Sunday, December 13, 2009

ketchup, catsup, catch-up

Wow, it's been a month and a half since I posted anything. I know I've never been a "regular" poster, but this is ridiculous.


Hopefully, over the next few days I can add some posts that provide more details on what's been going on here.

I still need to post some pictures of Punkin's new big boy room that I referenced a couple of months ago. He's enjoying it, though having him out of the crib definitely presents some challenges. Getting him to go to sleep easily has been a struggle, as he often has to "go potty" - like 3 or 4 times within a 20 minute period, but we're working on it.

Speaking of "going potty", Punkin is thisclose to being fully potty trained (knock on wood). He is a champ in big boy underwear all day long. Our biggest issue is going #2. He's not a fan of doing that on the potty. I'm not a fan of him doing that in his underwear. He's still wearing pull-ups at night, so thankfully, he occassionally chooses to wait until then to do #2. But he's definitely not as "regular" as before, I'm sure because he's holding it in. But recently we've had some success with #2 on the potty, so hopefully that will continue. You'd think Punkin figured out how to create world peace with the celebrations we have around here when he does #2 on the potty. Miraculously, Punkin is usually dry in the mornings too. I thought that would be our biggest potty training issue - I've heard stories of boys not being dry through the night until around 5! So, I'm very thankful that he's doing that so well (knock on wood).

Okay, now that you know more about Punkin's potty habits than you ever wanted to...

Punkin also started preschool in November. He goes 3 days a week, all day. Punkin was in daycare from about 4 months until about March of this year. At that time, we pulled him out and shared a sitter with another family who had 2 boys. That was a great time for Punkin and the other boys. They really became good friends. Unfortunately, that family is moving to Pennsylvania, so we had to find another solution. While the sitter was great in helping Punkin try new foods (that's a whole other post), I also think it was a good time to find something with more structure and more learning opportunities. I was blessed to come across Primrose Schools. I was not aware of them previously, but I can't say enough good things about them. If you're considering a full-day option for your kids, I would highly recommend them. When I picked up Punkin after his first day, I asked him what his favorite thing was. He said, "EVERYTHING!" and proceeded to tell that to everyone we walked by. He's done some cute crafts as well.

Here's a picture of one of my favorites.





It was done around Thanksgiving. It's a turkey made from an apple, fruit loops, orange slices, and marshmallows. So creative and so cute.


So, anyway, I'm sure there's a million other things I've left out (like how Punkin got the flu after 1 week of preschool), but my brain can't think of anything else right now. My hope is that I will do a much better job of updating this blog. Because I kinda miss it.


Hope you are all doing well. Leave me a comment letting me know you're still out there!

4 comments:

Wendy said...

I always miss posting on my blog when I haven't done it in a while too, but sometimes life happens, so don't sweat it! (I really wish I had more time to read other blogs though...that's a lot tougher for me, there are so many I like!)

My little boy just turned 4 last month, and until the past couple weeks we've really struggled with #2 on the potty. We're not completely perfect yet (he still holds it, but I catch him in time and coax him into sitting on the toilet) but it's better than it was. Keep being patient with him, it'll come!

PrincessJenn said...

Oh, that turkey is soooo cute!!

I'm so jealous that you're almost done with diapers. Can't wait til it's our turn

Unknown said...

We've been doing potty training with Ladybug too. We had great success at first, even with #2. But then she was sick last week and we started having issues. She would say she had to go, we'd go sit on the potty, 2 seconds later she says she's done. Repeat. Repeat. Eventually her bladder was so full, she pee'd on the couch. Great. But it's a process and I'm trying to be patient (that's difficult for me).

ems said...

I'm still here and demanding the "more updates" that you promised :-P Hope your family has happy holidays!

Web Statistics

Clicky