This post is my first contribution to Mom's Marble's new "Show and Tell" feature. Go check it out and play along! (Though it may not be 100% what they're going for, I wanted to participate -and encourage you to as well- and hope to do so more in the future.)
As some of you know, Punkin has "issues" with food - especially certain textures. He's also not a fan of trying new things most of the time. Whenever he does try something new, I get super excited. We do our best to get him to try new things/textures, even if it means we're "forcing" him to eat ice cream or other yummy (though nutritionally devoid) items. (We're so mean!)
Here's his first experience with pudding.
Not too sure:
Hmmm... this might not be too bad:
Pudding is awesome (and MESSY):
Having that mess on his face is quite an accomplishment. Though he did demand its removal within .5 seconds of the picture being taken!
Wednesday, May 6, 2009
- when I yell at Punkin
- that I feel like sometimes the only way Punkin hears me is if I yell
- that when I make dinner (which is a rarity) I expect applause and cheers and a parade thrown in my honor
- when I make dinner (which is a rarity) but it doesn't turn out how I hoped
- that I'm disorganized and can't seem to hold on to the motivation to do much about it
- that middle school doesn't feel so far away some days when I wonder if people like me
- that this list has become self-indulgent and whiny
- that I'm married to the most wonderful man in the world
- that Punkin loves to talk and ask questions (even if it is "why?" every 3 seconds)
- Punkin's toes. Seriously, they're the only toes I've ever not thought were completely and utterly disgusting
- that my relationships with my brothers have grown as we've all gotten older
- that I'm actually looking forward to the day my parents move to the same town as me
- that I've been blessed by the friendships of great women from my moms group
- that God is faithful and loves me unconditionally
- that this list makes the first list seem so small
What about you? What makes your lists?